Monday 19 March 2012

One very lovely Mothers Day


For the first time in four years I was home for Mothers Day so I decided to take my mum to her (and my) favourite haunt in Broadstairs, Oscars Festival Cafe. I'm going to do a blog post dedicated to it soon as its such a cute, cosy place with great coffee, cake and company! 


Now I really recommend buying Cake Days by The Hummingbird Bakery if you don't own it already! There are some of the classic recipes taken from the first book with lots of extras for different seasons and occasions added in! I made my mum a Blueberry Crumble Loaf which turned out very well and tasted delicious! It made a nice change seeing as I usually go for the cookies or cupcake recipes! Next on my list is an attempt at a cheesecake . . . 

 

X

No comments:

Post a Comment