Monday 16 January 2012

Golden Globes Best Dressed!

While watching E! Live on the Red Carpet last night I was on major frock watch and this years Golden Globe Awards did not disappoint when it came to fashion! Here's the low down on some of my favourite looks...

Overall Best Dressed - Charlize Theron wearing Christian Dior 



Powdery blush gown. Soft, romantic side bun. Beautiful diamond headband. Simple, elegant make up. Nothing can fault this look. Absolutely stunning. 

Best Hair - Reece Witherspoon 


Beachy 'bed' hair. I want to try this big wavy look for my birthday celebrations next month. 

Best Make Up - Jessica Alba


Strikingly pretty and flawless. Love how her lip shade matches her dress.   

& not forgetting...

Best Dressed Man - Leonardo DiCaprio in Giorgio Armani 


Because I just love him. 

Other looks I loved were Evan Rachel Wood in Gucci, Lea Michele in Marchesa and Sofia Vergara (Modern Family) in Vera Wang.

The absolute star of the night had to be the dog from The Artist! Yes, there was a real dog on the red carpet! The Artist also picked up three of the six awards it was nominated for including Best Picture - Musical or Comedy. I'm seeing this film Wednesday and am sure it will live up to all its hype! I was also very happy that Modern Family won Best Television Comedy Series! A very well deserved win!

x

7 comments:

  1. Love your blog hun!!...nice style and pics

    following?

    http://patricia-inspiresme.blogspot.com/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlize Theron's makeup was so beautiful - flawless! Lea Michele was gorgeous as well!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica Alba looked stunning. I also thought Kate Beckinsale looked really nice. Following your blog :)
    xoxo
    http://lucylocketinyourpocket.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the lovely comments!! :)

    X X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlize Theron looked stunning! From the dress to the hair to the makeup!

    and Leo... *swoon*. I'm so sad he didn't get nominated for the Oscars..he so deserved it :-(

    xoxo Aisha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that was a surprise! I think a few of the nominations were quite unexpected! The Oscars will be quite interesting this year, they usually are very predictable!

      X X

      Delete